AusPayNet’s 2021 Annual Review “Building the ecosystem” provides insights into how we are leading change in a rapidly evolving landscape.
Some key highlights include:
- AusPayNet is leading the industry migration to ISO 20022 payments messaging. A key milestone was reached in March 2021 with completion of the Planning and Design phase, and the Build phase is well underway.
- We established a new Economic Crime Forum to deliver a coordinated response and better outcomes for consumers and businesses in the face of increasing scams, fraud and cybercrime.
- Our work on payments modernisation has included supporting the customer-led shift away from cheques through community outreach and advocacy, and industry consultation on the migration away from the Bulk Electronic Clearing System.
- Our newly established Cross-Border Payments Advisory Council is progressing actions set out in the G20 Roadmap for enhancing cross-border payments.
- As Australians use QR codes routinely for mandatory venue check-in, AusPayNet is focused on their potential for payments, designing a framework to support QR code interoperability.
- We worked closely with regulators and Government and made submissions on a range of topics including the Review of the Australian Payments System, the Senate Select Committee on Fintech and Regtech Issues Paper, the Inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right and the Review of the ePayments Code: Further Consultation.
We invite you to read our 2021 Annual Review below.