AusPayNet’s 2020 Annual Review “Meeting the Challenge” provides an overview of our achievements over a challenging year.
Some key highlights include:
- Industry responded quickly to COVID-19 including temporarily increasing the contactless PIN limit to help reduce physical contact with terminals.
- The industry consultation on the future of payment systems informed development of an Action Plan with a focus on modernisation and ensuring system efficiency.
- As the appointed central co-ordination body, we are leading the significant industry project to migrate the HVCS to ISO2002
- Three work streams are supporting implementation of the TrustID framework: a governance structure for the framework, accreditation and a trust mark.
- We made submissions to regulators and Government including on the Review of Retail Payments Regulation, the Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right and Financial Technology and Regulatory Technology.
- Our December 2019 Payments Summit was the biggest ever, bringing together a record number of participants to explore emerging topics.
We invite you to read our 2020 Annual Review below.